Consider helping today!
King James Dictionary
TRANSLA'TION, n. L. translatio.
1. The act of removing or conveying from one place to another removal as the translation of a disease from the foot to the breast.
2. The removal of a bishop from one see to another.
3. The removal of a person to heaven without subjecting him to death.
4. The act of turning into another language interpretation as the translation of Virgil or Homer.
5. That which is produced by turning into another language a version. We have a good translation of the Scriptures.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Translation'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/t/translation.html.