the Week of Proper 20 / Ordinary 25
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #8393 - תְּבוּאָה
1) produce, product, revenue
1a) product, yield, crops (of the earth usually)
1b) income, revenue
1c) gain (of wisdom) (figuratively)
1d) product of lips (figuratively)
V) afb (בוא BWA) - Come: To fill a void by entering it. This can be understood as to come or to go. [A generic verb with a wide application meaning to come or go as a filling of a void] KJV (2577): (vf: Paal, Hiphil, Hophal) come, enter, go - Strongs: H935 (בּוֹא)
am) afbm (מבוא MBWA) - I. Entrance:A place of entering. II. West:The place where the sun enters the underworld. [df: awbwm] KJV (24): going down, entry, come, entrance, enter, in, west - Strongs: H3996 (מָבוֹא)
Jeff Benner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
1 product, yield, usually of earth (= crops, etc.) הָאָרֶץ׳תּ Exodus 23:10; Leviticus 19:25; Leviticus 23:29; Leviticus 25:3,7 (used as food for man & beast, compare Leviticus 25:22) Joshua 5:12, compare Nehemiah 9:37; Leviticus 25:15,16, also Ezekiel 48:18; in Genesis 47:24 ׳בַּתּ must = of the crops (בּ partitive, compare בְּ
I:2. b; ᵐ5 strike out בְּ); שָׂדֶה׳ת 2 Kings 8:6; 2 Chronicles 31:5; כֶּרֶם׳תּ Deuteronomy 22:9 compare Psalm 107:37; ׳לָחֶם תּחָאֲדָמָה Isaiah 30:23; גֹּרֶן׳תּ & יָ֑קֶב׳תּ Numbers 18:30; זֶרַע׳תּ Deuteronomy 14:22; דָּגָן׳תּ 2 Chronicles 32:38; as property of husbandmen, or people Leviticus 25:20; Deuteronomy 14:28; Deuteronomy 16:25; Deuteronomy 26:12; Proverbs 3:9; crops as determined by season, שָׁ֑מֶשׁ׳תּ Deuteronomy 33:14 ("" גֶרֶשׁ יְרָחִים); yield of a year שָׁנָה Leviticus 25:12,22; compare Leviticus 25:21 ׳עָשָׂה תּ, subject שָׁנָה.
2. a. income, revenue, in General Job 31:12 (almost = possessions) Proverbs 10:16; Proverbs 14:4; Proverbs 15:6; Proverbs 16:8; Ecclesiastes 5:9 compare Isaiah 23:3 (revenue of Tyre from trade with Egypt in bread stuffs).
b. figurative gain of wisdom חָכְמָה׳תּ Proverbs 3:14; Proverbs 8:19; product of lips (שְׂפָתָיו׳תּ) Proverbs 18:20, i.e. results of his speech ("" מְּרִי פִיאִֿישׁ); of Israel as Yahweh's product Jeremiah 2:3; of Israel's wickedness Jeremiah 12:13.
(1) produce, as of the earth, Joshua 5:12 of the corn-floor, Numbers 18:30 of the winepress, ibid.; of the vineyard, Deuteronomy 22:9.
(2) gain, profits. תְּבוּאַת הָרָשָׁע the profit of the wicked, Proverbs 10:16, 15:6 תְּבוּאַת חָכְמָה gain resulting from wisdom, Proverbs 3:14, 8:19 Isaiah 23:3.
(3) metaph. fruit, result. תְּבוּאַת שְׂפָתָיו the fruit, result of his words, Proverbs 18:20. Compare פְּרִי No. 1.
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary developed by Jeff Garrison for StudyLight.org.
Copyright 1999-2023. All Rights Reserved, Jeff Garrison, Gdansk, Poland.