Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #3341 - יָצַת
1) to kindle, burn, set on fire
1a) (Qal) to kindle
1b1) to be kindled
1b2) to be left desolate
1c) (Hiphil) to set on fire, kindle
Jeff Benner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
יָצַת only found in the fut. יִצַּת; pl. in pause יִּצַּ֑תּוּ for יִצָּתוּ.
(1) to set on fire, to kindle, followed by בְּ Isaiah 9:17.
(2) pass. to be set on fire, to be burned, i.q. Niph. Isaiah 33:12; Jeremiah 49:2, 51:58.
Niphal, pret. נִצַּת.
(1) to be burned, to be destroyed by fire, Nehem. 1:3 2:17 Jeremiah 2:15, 9:9, 11.
(2) to kindle (as anger), followed by בְּ against any one, 2 Kings 22:13, 17 2 Kings 22:17.
Hiphil הוֹצִית 2 Samuel 14:30 כתיב; elsewhere הִצִּית i.q. No. 1, to set on fire, Jeremiah 51:30 with the addition of בָּאֵשׁ Joshua 8:19; Jeremiah 32:29 הִצִּית אֵשׁ בְּ to kindle a fire in any thing, Jeremiah 17:27, 21:14 followed by עַלּ Jeremiah 11:16.
the Week of Proper 9 / Ordinary 14