Consider helping today!
King James Dictionary
AGE, n. L. aetas,or aevum. But these are undoubtedly contracted words.
1. The whole duration of a being, whether animal, vegetable, or other kind as, the usual age of man is seventy years the age of a horse may be twenty or thirty years the age of a tree may be four hundred years.
2. That part of the duration of a being, which is between its beginning and any given time as, what is the present age of a man, or of the earth?
Jesus began to be about thirty years of age. Luke 3 .
3. The latter part of life, or long continued duration oldness.
The eyes of Israel were dim for age. Genesis 48 .
4. A certain period of human life, marked by a difference of state as, life is divided into four stages or ages, infancy, youth, manhood, and old age the age of youth the age of manhood.
5. The period when a person is enabled by law to do certain acts for himself, or when he ceases to be controlled by parents or guardians as, in our country, both males and females are of age in twenty-one years old.
6. Mature years ripeness of strength or discretion.
He is of age, as him. John 9 .
7. The time of life for conceiving children, or perhaps the usual time of such an event.
Sarah was delivered of a son when she was past age.
Hebrews 11 .
8. A particular period of time, as distinguished from others as, the golden age, the age of iron, the age of heroes or of chivalry.
9. The people who live at a particular period hence, a generation and a succession of generations as, ages yet unborn.
The mystery hid from ages. Colossians 1 .
10. A century the period of one hundred years.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Age'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/a/age.html.