the Fifth Sunday of Lent
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #7314 - רוּם
1450) mr (רמ RM) AC: Lift CO: Height AB: Deceit: Anything that is high or lifted up.
A) mr (רמ RM) AC: ? CO: Height AB: Deceit: A lifting up through a prolific amount of offspring.
Nf1) emr (רמה RMH) - Heights: A high place. KJV (4): high place - Strongs: H7413 (רָמָה)
Nf3) tfmr (רמות RMWT) - Height: KJV (1): height - Strongs: H7419 (רָמוּת)
ff1) eimr (רמיה RMYH) - I. Deceitful:[Unknown connection to root;] II. Slothful:[Unknown connection to root] KJV (15): deceitful, deceit, slothful, false, guile, idle, slack - Strongs: H7423 (רְמִיָּה)
hf1) emrm (מרמה MRMH) - Deceit: [Unknown connection to root;] KJV (39): deceit, false, guile, feign, subtlety, treachery - Strongs: H4820 (מִרְמָה)
if ) emrt (תרמה TRMH) - Deceit: [Unknown connection to root;] KJV (6): deceit, deceitful, privily - Strongs: H8649 (תַּרְמִית)
jm) nfmr (רמונ RMWN) - Pomegranate: Prolific of seeds. KJV (32): pomegranate - Strongs: H7416 (רִמֹּן)
B) mmr (רממ RMM) AC: Lift CO: Height AB: ?
V) mmr (רממ RMM) - Lift: KJV (8): (vf: Paal, Niphal) exalt, lift, up - Strongs: H7426 (רָמַם), H7318 (רוֹמָם)
gf1) emmfr (רוממה RWMMH) - Lift: KJV (1): high - Strongs: H7319 (רוֹמֵמֻת)
gf3) tfmmfr (רוממות RWMMWT) - Lifting: KJV (1): lifting - Strongs: H7427 (רוֹמֵמֻת)
C) mra (ארמ ARM) AC: Lift CO: Palace AB: ?
jm ) nfmra (ארמונ ARMWN) - Palace: As built in high places. KJV (32): palace, castle - Strongs: H759 (אַרְמוֹן)
D) mar (ראמ RAM) AC: Lift CO: ? AB: ?
V) mar (ראמ RAM) - Lift: KJV (1): (vf: Paal) lift - Strongs: H7213 (רָאַם)
Nm) mar (ראמ RAM) - Reeym: An Unknown animal. Possibly from its height. KJV (9): unicorn - Strongs: H7214 (רֵם)
Nf1) emar (ראמה RAMH) - Coral: Lifted up as a highly prized item. KJV (2): coral - Strongs: H7215 (רָאמוֹת)
H) emr (רמה RMH) AC: Throw CO: ? AB: ?: A throwing of something high.
V) emr (רמה RMH) - I. Throw:To throw or shoot arrows. [Hebrew and Aramaic] II. Deceive:[Unknown connection to root] KJV (24): (vf: Paal, Piel, Participle) deceive, beguile, throw, betray, carry - Strongs: H7411 (רָמָה), H7412 (רְמָה)
J) mfr (רומ RWM) AC: Lift CO: High AB: Pride: Anything that is high or lifted up.
V) mfr (רומ RWM) - Lift: To lift something up. [Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (198): (vf: Paal, Hiphil, Hophal) lift, exalt, high, offer, give, heave, extol, lofty, take, tall - Strongs: H7311 (רָמַם), H7313 (רוּם)
Nm) mfr (רומ RWM) - High: Something that is lifted up. [Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (12): high, haughtiness, height - Strongs: H7312 (רֻם), H7314 (רוּם), H7315 (רוֹם)
Nf1) emfr (רומה RWMH) - Proudly: In the sense lifting oneself up. KJV (1): haughtily - Strongs: H7317 (רוֹמָה)
am) mfrm (מרומ MRWM) - Heights: A high place. KJV (54): high, height, above, high place, dignity, haughty, loftily, upward - Strongs: H4791 (מָרוֹם)
if1 ) emfrt (תרומה TRWMH) - Offering: As lifted up. KJV (76): offering, oblation, heave, gift, offered - Strongs: H8641 (תְּרֻמָה)
iff1) eimfrt (תרומיה TRWMYH) - Offering: As lifted up. KJV (1): oblation - Strongs: H8642 (תְּרוּמִיָּה)
M) mir (רימ RYM) AC: ? CO: ? AB: ?
Nf1 ) emir (רימה RYMH) - Maggot: A quick breeding insect. KJV (7): worm - Strongs: H7415 (רִמָּה)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc.
All rights reserved. Used by permission. BibleSoft.com
רוּם f. יָרוּם, apoc. יָרֹם, conv. וַיָּרָֽם.
(1) to lift up oneself, to rise (comp. the kindred roots רָמַם, אָרַם, חָרַם, עָרַם. A. trace of a transitive power appears in the pr.n. יְהוֹרָם whom Jehovah lifts up), Genesis 7:17 hence, to arise, Psa. 21:14 to arise, to grow (of worms), Exodus 16:20. Metaph.
(a) רָם לֵב the heart is lifted up (is proud), Deuteronomy 8:14, 17:20 רָמוּ עֵינַיִם eyes are lifted up (loftily), Proverbs 30:13.
(b) to show oneself powerful, Psalms 57:6 followed by עַל to triumph over any one, Psalms 13:3.
(2) to be exalted, to become high, used of a way which is east up, Isaiah 49:11 metaph, to become powerful (especially used of the hand, Deuteronomy 32:27 see part.) to be extolled with praises, Psalms 18:47.
(3) to be high, lofty, Job 22:12 especially used of those who are eminent in power and glory, Psalms 46:11; Micah 5:8 also to be remote, to be far distant, but only used of God, who, if he be far off and does not come down to bring aid, is indeed on high, Isaiah 30:18 compare מָרוֹם Psalms 10:5.
Part. רָם, f. רָמָה
(1) lifted up, high, e.g. of the hand of God, in threatening, Isaiah 26:11. בְּיָד רָמָה with uplifted hand, i.e. openly, proudly, and fiercely, Exodus 14:8; Numbers 33:3, compare 15:30, and זְרוֹעַ רָמָה Job 38:15.
(2) high, lofty, used of a seat, Isaiah 6:1 a mountain, Ezekiel 20:28, etc.; of a man of tall stature, Deuteronomy 1:28, 2:10, 21, compare Isaiah 10:33. Pl. רָמִים the high places of heaven, Psalms 78:69. Metaph.
(a) used of a loud voice, Deuteronomy 27:14.
(b) powerful; whence יָד רָמָה a powerful hand, Deuteronomy 32:27.
(c) of elated mind, proud, Job 21:22. עֵינַיִם רָמוֹת proud eyes, Psalms 18:28.
(d) difficult to be understood, Proverbs 24:7 (where in the Arabic manner it is written רָאמוֹת; compare שָׂגַב).
Niphal, see under the word רָמַם.
Pilel, רוֹמֵם to raise, to make high; hence to build a house, Ezra 9:9 to cause to grow (as the waters a plant), Ezekiel 31:4 to bring up children, Isaiah 1:2, 23:4.-Metaph.
(a) to place any one in a high and safe place, to put in safety (see הִשְׂגִּיב), Psalms 27:5, 18:49, compare 9:14.
(b) to lift up, to exalt, to bestow honours upon one of low estate, 1 Samuel 2:7.
(c) to exalt as victor, Job 17:4.
(d) to exalt with praises, to celebrate, Psalms 30:2, 34:4.-Pass. רוֹמַם to be exalted, Ps. 75:11. Part. exalted, Nehemiah 9:5.
(1) (a) to lift up, to elevate, to exalt, e.g. the head, Psalms 3:4 the hand, Psalms 89:43 any one’s horn, i.e. to increase any one’s power, Psalms 75:5, Psalms 75:6, 148:14.
(b) to erect, e.g. a standard, a monument, Genesis 31:45; Isaiah 62:10.
(c) to lift up, as the foot, Psalms 74:3, and the hand, as in threatening, (see נָשָׂא No. 1, ), or as about to do violence, followed by בְּ of pers. 1 Kings 11:27 a rod, Exodus 14:16; Isaiah 10:15 (followed by בְּ of the rod, Exodus 7:20, compare פֵּדֵשׂ בְּיָדַיִם); the voice, Genesis 39:18; 2 Kings 19:22 followed by עַל against any one, Isaiah 37:23 followed by לְ of pers. to call to any one, Isaiah 13:2. Also with בְּ of an instrument, 2 Chronicles 5:13, בְּהָרִים קוֹל בַּחֲצוֹצְרוֹת “when they lifted up the voice with trumpets,” i.e. sounded with trumpets, which is more concisely expressed הֵרִים קֶרֶן to lift up the trumpet, i.e. the sound of the trumpet, 1 Chronicles 25:5. There is also said הֵרִים בְּקוֹל i.q. הֵרִים קוֹלּ 1 Chronicles 15:16 compare above הֵרִים בַּמַּטֶּה and נָתַן בְּקוֹל p. 727, B, prop. to raise (a sound, or noise) with the voice.
(d) to raise a tribute (eine Abgabe erheben), Numbers 31:28.
(2) to lift up, to take away, Ezekiel 21:31; Isaiah 57:14.
(3) to offer sacrifices, Leviticus 2:9, 4:8 gifts for the temple and the priests (compare תְּרוּמָה), Numbers 15:19, 20 Numbers 15:20, 31:52. Also used of public benefactions, distributions of meat, etc. 2 Chronicles 30:24 -35:79.
Hophal, pass. of No. 2, Daniel 8:11 of No. 3, Exodus 29:27.
Hithpael, to exalt oneself proudly, Daniel 11:36. Here also belongs אֵרוֹמַם Isaiah 33:10, for אֶתְרוֹמֵם.
Derivatives, רוּם-רוֹמֵמוּת, רָמָה, רָמוּת, מָרוֹם, תְּרוּמָה, תְּרוּמִיָּה, and the pr.n. רָם, רָמָה, רָמֹות, רֹמַמְתִּי עֵזֶר רָאמוֹת נֶגֶב, רֶמֶת, יְרִימוֹת, מְרֵמוֹת, מֵרוֹם.
רוּם Ch. id. Pret. pass. רִם to be lifted up (of the heart), Daniel 5:20.
Panel רוֹמֵם to exalt with praises, to celebrate, Daniel 4:34. Pass. to lift up oneself, to rise up, followed by עַל against any one, Daniel 5:23.
Aphel, to lift up, to exalt, Daniel 5:19.
רוּם m. height, elevation, Proverbs 25:3. רוּם עֵינַיִם Proverbs 21:4; Isaiah 10:12 ר׳ לֵב Jeremiah 48:29 and simply רוּם Isaiah 2:11, 17, elation of mind, pride.
רוּם Ch. id. Daniel 3:1, 4:17 Ezra 6:3.
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary developed by Jeff Garrison for StudyLight.org.
Copyright 1999-2023. All Rights Reserved, Jeff Garrison, Gdansk, Poland.