Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #3076 - יְהוֹחָנָן
Jehohanan = “Jehovah has graced”
5) a Korhite Levite and one of the doorkeepers to the tabernacle in the time of David
6) a captain of Judah under king Jehoshaphat
1) a priest during the high priesthood of Joiakim who returned with Zerubbabel
2) a high priest in the time of Ezra
3) a Levite priest who took part in the dedication of the wall in the time of Nehemiah
4) son of Tobiah
7) an Ephraimite
8) an Israelite with a foreign wife in the time of Ezra
9) a Jewish captain after the fall of Jerusalem
10) the eldest son of king Josiah
11) a post-exilic prince of the line of David
12) father of Azariah, priest in Solomon’s time
13) a Benjamite, one of David’s mighty warriors
14) a Gadite, one of David’s mighty warriors
15) a returning exile
יְהוֹחָנָן m. (“whom Jehovah gave”), [Jehohanan, Johanan], pr.n. of one of Jehoshaphat’s captains, 2 Chronicles 17:15, 23:1 also of others. Hence the Greek Ἰωαννᾶς and Ἰωάννης.
the Week of Proper 8 / Ordinary 13