Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #3110 - יוֹחָנָן
Johanan = “Jehovah has graced”
1) a priest during the high priesthood of Joiakim who returned with Zerubbabel
2) a Jewish captain after the fall of Jerusalem
3) the eldest son of king Josiah
4) a post-exilic prince of the line of David
5) father of Azariah, priest in Solomon’s time
6) a Benjamite, one of David’s mighty warriors
7) a Gadite, one of David’s mighty warriors
8) a returning exile
יוֹחָנָן (“whom Jehovah bestowed”), pr.n. Johanan, see יְהוֹחָנָן. This name in its contracted form was borne by
(1) two of David’s officers, 1 Chronicles 12:4, 12 1 Chronicles 12:12.
(2) a son of King Josiah, 1 Chronicles 3:15, all.
the Week of Proper 14 / Ordinary 19