Click to donate today!
Wilson's Dictionary of Bible Types
Hebrews 5:4 (c) Aaron is a type of CHRIST in many ways.
- As he entered into the Holy of Holies once a year with the blood of an animal, so our Lord JESUS entered into Heaven by His own blood, not just once a year, but forever.
- Aaron bore the names of the twelve tribes on his shoulders, so the Lord JESUS carries His people and their burdens on His shoulders.
- Aaron bore the breastplate of twelve stones over his heart, and our Saviour bears His own children on His heart.
- Aaron wore a gold band on his forehead bearing the inscription "Holiness to the Lord." So our Lord JESUS was holy, pure and perfect in all His ways, words and character.
- Aaron pleaded with GOD for the people, and pleaded with the people for GOD. So our Lord JESUS "ever liveth to make intercession for us," and appears in GOD's presence for us. He also reveals GOD to us.
- Aaron was chosen by GOD to be the High Priest, and GOD chose CHRIST to be our High Priest.
- Aaron's garments were prescribed by GOD and were called holy garments. So the garment of our Lord JESUS is called "the robe of righteousness, the garments of salvation," Isaiah 61:10.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Watson, Walter. Entry for 'Aaron'. Wilson's Dictoinary of Bible Types. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/wdt/a/aaron.html. 1957.