Consider helping today!
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Heman: appointed to the service of song. 1 Chronicles 25:4,23 .
2. A captain of king Uzziah's army. 2 Chronicles 26:11 .
3. Father of Zedekiah a prince in the reign of Jehoiakim. Jeremiah 36:12 .
4. Son of Azur and the false prophet who withstood Jeremiah. He prophesied that God would break the yoke of the king of Babylon within two years. Jeremiah denounced his prophecy as a lie: he should die within a year, which took place in the seventh month. Jeremiah 28 .
5. Father of Shelemiah and grandfather of Irijah. Jeremiah 37:13 .
6. Son of Shashak and a prince of the Benjamites. 1 Chronicles 8:21 .
7. The Hebrew name of SHADRACH, a companion of Daniel. Daniel 1:6-19; Daniel 2:17 .
8. Son of Zerubbabel. 1 Chronicles 3:19,21 . This Hananiah is supposed to be the JOANNA of Luke 3:27 in the genealogy of the Lord Jesus.
9. One who had married a strange wife. Ezra 10:28 .
10,11. Two who repaired the wall of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 3:8,30 .
12. Ruler of the palace, who had charge over Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah: he is described as a faithful man who feared God above many. Nehemiah 7:2 .
13. One who sealed the covenant. Nehemiah 10:23 .
14. A priest of the family of Jeremiah. Nehemiah 12:12 .
15. Priest who assisted at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 12:41 .
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Morrish, George. Entry for 'Hananiah'. Morrish Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/mbd/h/hananiah.html. 1897.