Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
King James Dictionary
RECORD', L. recorder, to call to mind, to remember, from re and cor, cordis, the heart or mind.
1. To register to enroll to write or enter in a book or on parchment, for the purpose of preserving authentic or correct evidence of a thing as, to record the proceedings of a court to record a deed or lease to record historical events.
2. To imprint deeply on the mind or memory as, to record the sayings of another in the heart.
3. To cause to be remembered.
So ev'n and morn recorded the third day.
4. To recite to repeat. Not in use.
5. To call to mind. Not in use.
RECORD', To sing or repeat a tune. Not in use.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Record'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/r/record.html.