Consider helping today!
King James Dictionary
1. Impressed moved, or touched, either in person or in interest having suffered some change by external force, loss, danger, and the like as, we are more or less affected by the failure of the bank.
2. Touched in the feelings having the feelings excited as, affected with cold or heat.
3. Having the passions moved as, affected with sorrow or joy.
4. a. Inclined, or disposed followed by to as, well affected to government.
5. a. Given to false show assuming, or pretending to possess what is not natural or real as, an affected lady.
6. a. Assumed artificially not natural as, affected airs.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Affected'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/a/affected.html.