free while helping to build churches and support pastors in Uganda.
Click here to learn more!
King James Dictionary
1. A receiving with approbation or satisfaction favorable reception as work done to acceptance.
They shall come up with acceptance on my altar. Isaiah 60 .
2. the receiving of a bill of exchange or order, in such a manner, as to bind the acceptor to make payment. This must be by express words and to charge the drawer with costs, in case of non payment, the acceptance must be in writing, under across, or on the back of the bill.
3. An agreeing to terms or proposals in commerce, by which a bargain is concluded and the parties bound.
4. An agreeing to the act or contact of another, by some act which binds the person in law as, a bishop's taking rent reserved on a lease made by his predecessor, is an acceptance of the terms of the lease and binds the party.
5. In mercantile language, a bill of exchange accepted as a merchant receives another's acceptance in payment.
6. Formerly, the sense is which a word is understood. Obs.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Acceptance'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/a/acceptance.html.