Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #8602 - תָּפֵל
1) foolish, insipid (adjective)
2) (BDB) tasteless, unseasoned (adjective)
3) whitewash (noun masculine)
2a) meaning uncertain
Jeff Benner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
(1) unsalted, unseasoned, Job 6:6 metaph. insipid, foolish, false, Lamentations 2:14. See תִּפְלָה.
(2) lime, with which a wall is covered, cement, Ezekiel 13:10, seq.; Ezekiel 22:28, in both places con temptuously; see the etymology (Arab. طَغَالُ and طُغَالُ, Ch. טָפֵיל id.).
the Week of Proper 21 / Ordinary 26