Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #7141 - קֹרַח
Korah = “bald”
1) son of Izhar, grandson of Kohath, great grandson of Levi and leader of the rebellion of the Israelites against Moses and Aaron while in the wilderness; punished and died by an earthquake and flames of fire
2) the 3rd son of Esau by Aholibamah and one of the dukes of Edom
3) son of Eliphaz by Adah, duke of Edom, and nephew of 1
4) one of the ‘sons’ of Hebron
(1) i.q. the preceding No. 1, ice, poet. used of hail, Psalms 147:17.
(2) [Korah], pr.n.
(a) of a son of Esau, Genesis 36:5, 14 Genesis 36:14.
(b) of a son of Eliphaz, and of an Edomite tribe sprung from him, ibid. verse 16.
(c) of a Levite who conspired against Moses, Exodus 6:21; Numbers 16:1, seqq. of the same family are בְּנֵי קֹרַח Korahites, Levites and singers in the time of David (see קָרְחִי ), to whom ten of the Psalms are ascribed, Psa 42:1-11 (43 )- 49, 84, 85, 87, 88.
(d) 1 Chronicles 2:43.
the Week of Proper 21 / Ordinary 26