Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #5184 - נַחַת
Nahath = “rest”
1) one of the dukes of Edom, son of Reuel and grandson of Esau
2) a Kohathite Levite, son of Zophai and grandson of Elkanah
3) an Levite overseer in the time of Hezekiah
נַחַת (Milêl), from the root נוּחַ, f.
(1) a letting down; Job 36:16, נַחַת שֻׁלְחָֽנךָ “food set down upon thy table;” Isaiah 30:30, נַחַת זְרוֹעוֹ “the letting down of his arm,” i.e. the punishment of his arm (compare Psalms 38:3).
(2) rest, Isaiah 30:15; Ecclesiastes 6:5. Acc. Ecclesiastes 4:6, מְלֹא כַף נַחַת “a handful in quiet.”
(3) [Nahath], pr.n.; see תּוֹחַ.
the Week of Proper 7 / Ordinary 12