the Week of Christ the King / Proper 29 / Ordinary 34
Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #3189 - יַחַת
Jahath = “He will snatch up”
1) son of Reaiah and grandson of Shobal of the tribe of Judah
2) a son of Libni and grandson of Gershom and great grandson of Levi
3) a Gershonite Levite; the eldest son of Shimei and the grandson of Laadan; founder of the house of Jahath
4) a Levite and son of Shelomoth
5) a Merarite Levite in the reign of Josiah
1 grandson of Judah 1 Chronicles 4:2 (twice in verse), ᵐ5 Ιεθ, ᵐ5 L Ιαωθ.
a. 1 Chronicles 6:5; 1 Chronicles 6:28, ᵐ5 Ιεεθ, ᵐ5 L Ιααθ.
b. 1 Chronicles 23:10,11, ᵐ5 Ιεθ, ᵐ5 L Ιειηλ.
c. 1 Chronicles 24:22, ᵐ5 Ιναθ, ᵐ5 L Ιααθ.
d. 2 Chronicles 34:12, ᵐ5 Ιε(θ), ᵐ5 L Ιαεθ.
יַחַת (perhaps “union,” contr. from יַחֶדֶת) [Jahath], pr.n. m. 1 Chronicles 4:2, 6:5, 28 1 Chronicles 6:28 all.