Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #3083 - יְהוֹנָתָן
Jonathan or Jehonathan = “Jehovah has given”
1) a son of king Saul and a friend of David
2) a son of the high priest Abiathar and the last descendant of Eli of whom we hear
3) a nephew of David who like David slew a giant of Gath
4) an uncle of David
5) one of David’s mighty warriors
6) one of David’s treasurers
7) a scribe in the time of Jeremiah
8) a Levite and father of Zechariah, a priest who blew the trumpet at the dedication of the wall
9) a son or descendant of Gershom, the son of Moses, and a priest to the tribe of Dan
10) a son of Kareah and a brother of Johanan; a Judaite captain after the fall of Jerusalem
11) another Judaite father of Peleth
12) father of Ebed in the time of Ezra
13) son of Asahel in the time of Ezra
14) a priest of the family of Melicu in the time of Nehemiah
15) son of Joiada and his successor to the high priesthood in the time of Nehemiah
יְהוֹנָתָן & יוֹנָתָן m. (“whom Jehovah gave,” Gr. Θεοδῶρος), [Jonathan], pr.n.
(1) of a son of Saul, celebrated for his generous friendship towards David, -1 Sam. 1331.
(2) of a son of Abiathar, 2 Samuel 15:27, 36 2 Samuel 15:36; 1 Kings 1:42, 43 1 Kings 1:43 also of others.
the Week of Proper 7 / Ordinary 12