the Fifth Week of Lent
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #2971 - יָאִיר
Jair = “he enlightens”
1) a descendant of Manasseh who conquered many towns during the time of the conquest
2) the Gileadite, a judge of Israel for 22 years during the time of the judges; father of 30 sons
3) a Benjamite, son of Kish, and father of Mordecai
4) father of Elhanan, one of David’s mighty warriors
1 son of Manasseh Numbers 32:41 (twice in verse); Deuteronomy 3:14 (twice in verse); Joshua 13:30; 1 Kings 4:13; 1 Chronicles 2:22,23.
2 a judge in Gilead Judges 10:3,4,5.
3 father of Mordecai Esther 2:5.
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc.
All rights reserved. Used by permission. BibleSoft.com
יָאִיר (“whom he (sc. God) enlightens” from אוּר), [Jair], pr.n. (Gr. Ἰάειρος, Mark 5:22)
(1) of a son of Manasseh, Numbers 32:41.
(2) of a judge of the Israelites, Judges 10:3.
(3) Esther 2:5. Patron. יָאִירִי 2 Samuel 20:26 from No. 2.
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary developed by Jeff Garrison for StudyLight.org.
Copyright 1999-2023. All Rights Reserved, Jeff Garrison, Gdansk, Poland.