Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #05330 - נְצַח
1) (Ithpael) to excel, distinguish oneself
V) hyn (נתסהה NTsHh) - Continue: [Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (66): (vf: Niphal, Piel, Participle) musician, set, overseer, excel, oversee, perpetual, singer, prefer - Strongs: H5329 (נָצַח), H5330 (נְצַח)
Nm) hyn (נתסהה NTsHh) - I. Continually: II. Blood:From its continual flowing. KJV (45): ever, never, perpetual, always, end, victory, strength, alway, constantly, evermore, blood - Strongs: H5331 (נֶצַח), H5332 (נֵצַח)
Jeff Benner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
נְצַח Chald. Ithpa. to conquer, to excel followed by עַל Daniel 6:4. (Syriac id.).
I. נֵצַח & נֶצַח with suff. נִצְחִי.
(1) splendour, glory. 1 Chronicles 29:11; 1 Samuel 15:29, נֵצַח יִשְׂרָאֵל “the glory of Israel” (i.e. God).
(2) sincerity, truth. Habakkuk 1:4, לֹא יֵצֵא לָנֶצַח מִשְׁפָּט “judgment goeth not forth according to truth;” perhaps, Proverbs 21:28.
(3) faith, confidence. Lamentations 3:18, אָבַד נִצְחִי “my confidence is perished.”
(4) perpetuity (as we can confide in those things which endure, which are perpetual, compare נֶאֱמָן No. 3, 4), eternity, for ever. עַד נֵצַח Psalms 49:20; Job 34:36 נֶצַח, לָנֶצַח adv. perpetually. Isaiah 34:10, לְנֵצַח נְצָחִים id.
(5) perfection, completeness, acc. נֶצַח and לָנֶצַח adv. altogether, quite (comp. Germ. lauter). Psalms 13:2, עַד אָנָה יְהֹוָה תִּשְׁכָּחֵנִי נֶצַח “how long, O Lord, wilt thou altogether forget me?” Psalms 79:5; Job 23:7. In genit., Psalms 74:3, מַשּׁוּאוֹת נֵצַח “complete desolations,” i.e. places altogether, absolutely desolated. [In Thes. this signification is almost rejected, and these passages are taken as in the signification of No. 4.]
II. נֵצַח m. juice, liquor, as scattered from grapes when trodden in the press, Isaiah 63:3, Isaiah 63:6 from the root נָצַח No. II.
the Sixth Week after Easter