Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia
- Names of Months . The names of the months of the Hebrew Calendar are:
- Abib or Nisan (Exodus 12:2-37; Exodus 13:4; Nehemiah 2:1; Esther 3:7 );
- Iyar or Zif (1 Kings 6:1 );
- Sivan (Esther 8:9 );
- Tammuz (Ezekiel 8:14 );
- Elul (Nehemiah 6:15 );
- Ethanim or Tishri (1 Kings 8:2 );
- Marchesvan or Bul (1 Kings 6:38 );
- Chisleu (Zechariah 7:1 );
- Tebeth (Esther 2:16 );
- Sebat (Zechariah 1:7 );
- Adar (Esther 3:7 ).
- Events in the Seventh Month . The seventh month of the year Was distinguished by,
- the feast of trumpets (Numbers 29:1-6 ),
- the day of atonement (Leviticus 23:26-32 ),
- the feast of tabernacles (Leviticus 23:34-44 ),
- and every fiftieth year the jubilee began in this month (Leviticus 25:1-17 ).
These files are public domain and are a derivative of an electronic edition that is available from the Online-Bible.
Johnson, Ashley S. Entry for 'Hebrew Calendar'. Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia. https://www.studylight.org/encyclopedias/eng/cbc/h/hebrew-calendar.html. 1896.
the Week of Proper 15 / Ordinary 20