Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
King James Dictionary
1. The extent of anything material from end to end the longest line which can be drawn through a body, parallel to its sides as the length of a church or of a ship the length of a rope or line.
2. Extent extension.
Stretch'd at his length he spurns the swarthy ground.
3. A certain extent a portion of space with a plural.
Large lengths of seas and shores -
4. Space of time duration, indefinitely as a great length of time. What length of time will this enterprise require for its accomplishment?
5. Long duration.
May heaven, great monarch, still augment your bliss, with length of days, and every day like this.
6. Reach or extent as, to pursue a subject to a great length.
7. Extent as the length of a discourse, essay, or argument.
He had marched to the length of Exeter.
Unusual and inelegant.
1. At length, at or in the full extent. Let the name be inserted at length.
2. At last at the end or conclusion.
LENGTH, To extend. Not used.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Length'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/l/length.html.