Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
King James Dictionary
1. A cloth or piece of leather worn on the forepart of the body, to keep the clothes clean, or defend them from injury.
2. The fat skin covering the belly of a goose.
3. In gunnery, a flat piece of lead that covers the vent of a cannon.
4. In ships, a piece of curved timber, just above the foremost end of the keel.
5. A platform, or flooring of plank, at the entrance of a dock, on which the dock gates are shut.
6. A piece of lether or other thing to be spread before a person riding in a gig, chaise or sulky, to defend him from rain, snow or dust.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Apron'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/a/apron.html.