Consider helping today!
King James Dictionary
1. The act of administering direction management government of public affairs the conducting of any office or employment.
2. The executive part of government, consisting in the exercise of the constitutional and legal powers, the general superintendence of national affairs, and the enforcement of laws.
3. The persons collectively, who are entrusted with the execution of laws, and the superintendence of public affairs the chief magistrate and his council or the council alone, as in Great Britain.
4. dispensation distribution exhibition as the administration of justice, of the sacrament, or of grace.
1 Corinthians 12 . 2 Corinthians 9 .
5. the management of the estate of an intestate person, under a commission from the proper authority. This management consists in collecting debts, paying debts and legacies, and distributing the property among the heirs.
6. The power, office or commission of an administrator.
Surrogates are authorized to grant administration.
It is more usual to say, letters of administration.
7. This name is given by the Spaniards, to the staple magazine or warehouse, at Callao, in Peru, where foreign ships must unload.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Administration'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/a/administration.html.