Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
Nave's Topical Bible
- (Literally, the Hebrew word means "my great one.")
- The title of a Jewish teacher
Matthew 23:7,8; John 3:2
- Ostentatiously used by the Pharisees
- Used in addressing John the Baptist
- Used in addressing Jesus
John 1:38,49; 3:2; 6:25
- R. V
Matthew 26:25,49; Mark 9:5; 11:21; 14:45; John 4:31; 9:2; 11:8
- Jesus called "Rabboni,"
- Forbidden by Jesus as a title to his disciples
These files are public domain and are a derivative of an electronic edition that is available in the Bible Foundation e-text Library.
Nave, Orville J. Entry for 'Rabbi'. Nave's Topical Bible. https://www.studylight.org/concordances/eng/ntb/r/rabbi.html. 1896.