Click to donate today!
This short and joyful Ps. is in the first place a harvest thanksgiving (Psalms 67:6), perhaps at the Feast of Tabernacles. God’s goodness to Israel reveals Him also to the nations (Psalms 67:2), and calls forth their praise (Psalms 67:3, Psalms 67:5), their submission (Psalms 67:4), and their worship (Psalms 67:7). There is a symmetrical parallelism on either side of the middle verse, Psalms 67:5 corresponding to Psalms 67:3, and Psalms 67:6-7 to Psalms 67:1, Psalms 67:2.
1. This v. is partly taken from the priestly benediction (Numbers 6:24), but with the change of ’the Lord’(Jehovah) into ’God’ (Elohim).
2. Thy way] of dealing with men. Saving health] salvation.
3. People] RV’peoples.’ S o in Psalms 67:4, Psalms 67:5.
4. Righteously] RV ’with equity.’ Govern] RM’lead,’ as H e led Israel.
6. RV ’The earth hath yielded her increase.’
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Dummelow, John. "Commentary on Psalms 67". "Dummelow's Commentary on the Bible". https://studylight.org/
the Week of Proper 14 / Ordinary 19