Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #8087 - שֶׁמַע
Shema = “hear”
1) a Reubenite, son of Joel, father of Azaz, and grandfather of Bela
2) a Judaite, son of Hebron and father of Raham
3) a Benjamite, son of Elpaal who along with his brother Beriah were heads of their fathers houses in Aijalon and who drove out the inhabitants of Gath. Probably the same as ‘Shimhi’
4) an Israelite who stood on the right hand of Ezra as he read the Law to the people
שֶׁמַע (“rumour”), [Shema], pr.n. m.
(1) 1 Chronicles 2:43, 44 1 Chronicles 2:44.
(2) 1 Chronicles 5:8.
(3) Nehemiah 8:4.
(4) 1 Chronicles 8:13.
the Week of Proper 8 / Ordinary 13