Click to donate today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #7732 - שׁוֹבָל
Shobal = “flowing”
1) the 2nd son of Seir the Horite (Edom) and one of the dukes of the Horites
2) son of Caleb, grandson of Hur, and founder of Kirjath-jearim
3) a Judaite, son of Hur and a descendant of Caleb
3a) possibly the same as 2
שׁוֹבָל (perhaps “flowing,” or “a shoot;” see שָׁבַל ), [Shobal], pr.n.
(1) of a son of Seïr, Genesis 36:20, 23 Genesis 36:23, 29 Genesis 36:29.
(2) m., 1 Chronicles 2:50, 4:1.
the Second Week of Advent