the Fifth Week of Lent
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #549 - אֲמָנָה
Amana = “support”
1) a river flowing into the plain of Damascus from Antilebanon
2) mountainous area of the river’s origin
1 a river ( constant ? compare Isaiah 33:16) flowing down from Antilebanon into the plain of Damascus 2 Kings 5:12 (Qr; אֲבָנָה Kt), the Greek Chrysorrhoas, modern Arabic Nahr Barad'. 2. the region from which it flows ct 2 Kings 4:8.
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc.
All rights reserved. Used by permission. BibleSoft.com
(1) a covenant [“prop. a confirmation, a surety”], Nehemiah 10:1 (Arab. أَماَنَةُ).
(2) something set, decreed, i.q. חֹק Nehemiah 11:23. To be understood of a daily portion of food furnished to the singers.
(3) [Amana, Abana], pr.n. of a perennial river, (compare Isaiah 33:16), rising in Antilibanus and watering Damascus, 2 Kings 5:12, from which that part of Lebanon was called by the same name, Song of Solomon 4:8 [“most interpreters understand the river to be the Chrysorrhoas, now el-Bûrada”].
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary developed by Jeff Garrison for StudyLight.org.
Copyright 1999-2023. All Rights Reserved, Jeff Garrison, Gdansk, Poland.