the Week of Proper 3 / Ordinary 8
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #3470 - יְשַׁעְיָה
Isaiah or Jesaiah or Jeshaiah = “Jehovah has saved”
1) the major prophet, son of Amoz, who prophesied concerning Judah and Jerusalem during the days of kings Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah of Judah; author of the prophetic book by his name; tradition has it that he was sawn asunder in the trunk of a carob tree by king Manasseh and that this is the incident referred to in Hebrews 11:37
2) son of Hananiah, brother of Pelatiah, and grandson of Zerubbabel
3) a Benjamite
4) one of the 6 sons of Jeduthun
5) son of Rehabiah, a descendant of Moses through Gershom, and an ancestor of a Levite treasurer in the time of David
6) son of Athaliah and chief of the house of Elam who returned with Ezra
7) a chief of the descendants of Merari who returned with Ezra
1 Isaiah, son of Amos , the prophet: Isaiah 1:1 15t. Isaiah; 2 Kings 19:2 12t. Kings; 2 Chronicles 26:22; 32:20,32; ᵐ5 Ηξαιας, ᵑ9 Isaias.
2 one of the children of Jeduthun 1 Chronicles 25:3,15, ᵐ5 Ισαια, etc.
3 a Levite ancestor of one of David's treasurers 1 Chronicles 26:25, ᵐ5 Ωσαιας, ᵐ5 L Ιωσηε.
ישׁעיה proper name, masculine ( salvation of Yah) —
1 grandson of Zerubbabel 1 Chronicles 3:21, ᵐ5 Ιασαβα, Ιεσεια.
2 chief of the sons of Elam, who went up with Ezra Ezra 8:7, ᵐ5 Ιοσεια, Ησαια, etc.
3 chief of sons of Merari in time of Ezra Ezra 8:19, ᵐ5 Ωσαια, etc.
4 a Benjamite Nehemiah 11:7, ᵐ5 Ιεσια, etc.
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc.
All rights reserved. Used by permission. BibleSoft.com
יְשַׁעְיָה (id.) [Jeshaiah, Jesaiah], pr.n. m.
(1) 1 Chronicles 3:21.
(2) Ezra 8:7.
(3) Ezra 8:19.
(4) Nehemiah 11:7.
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary developed by Jeff Garrison for StudyLight.org.
Copyright 1999-2023. All Rights Reserved, Jeff Garrison, Gdansk, Poland.