the Week of Proper 19 / Ordinary 24
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary Hebrew Lexicon
Strong's #1905 - הַגְרִיא
Haggeri = “wanderer”
1) a people dwelling to the east of Palestine, with whom the tribes of Reuben made war in the time of Saul (noun proper gentilic)
2) of one of David’s servants (adjective patrial)
3) father of Mibhar and one of David’s mighty warriors (noun proper masculine)
2. adjective, of a people of an officer of Davidיָזִיז הַהַגְרִי 1 Chronicles 27:31.
3. proper name, masculine father of one of David's warriors בֶּןהַֿגְרִי 1 Chronicles 11:38 (but "" 2 Samuel 23:36 בָּנִי הַגָּדִי so here Öttli, compare Be Th Sm Dr Sm).
הַגְרִיאִים, הַגְרִאִים see foregoing.
הֵד see below הדד. below
הדד (perhaps make a loud noise; so Arabic (of a falling building, rain, the sea, a braying camel); crash (of a falling wall, etc.), thunder).
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary developed by Jeff Garrison for StudyLight.org.
Copyright 1999-2023. All Rights Reserved, Jeff Garrison, Gdansk, Poland.