Click to donate today!
Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia
Property Given to Religion
The firstborn of man and beast was by Divine requirement given to The Lord (Exodus 13:2 ). In addition to this the Hebrews were required to give,
- one-tenth of the products of their land (Leviticus 27:30 );
- one-tenth of the increase of flocks and herds (Leviticus 37:32-34 );
- a special tithe every third year (Deuteronomy 14:28,29 );
- to the poor at all times (Deuteronomy 15:7-11 );
- according to their ability when they attended their annual feasts (Deuteronomy 16:16,17 );
- the first fruits of the land (Exodus 22:29; Deuteronomy 26:1-11 ).
These files are public domain and are a derivative of an electronic edition that is available from the Online-Bible.
Johnson, Ashley S. Entry for 'Property Given to Religion'. Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia. https://www.studylight.org/encyclopedias/eng/cbc/p/property-given-to-religion.html. 1896.