Consider helping today!
Preacher's Complete Homiletical Commentary
The Preacher's Complete Homiletical Commentary, by Joseph Exell, William Jones, George Barlow, W. Frank Scott, and others, was published in 37 volumes as a sermon preparation and study resource. It is a commentary "written by preachers for preachers" and offers thousands of pages of:
- Detailed illustrations suitable for devotional study and preaching
- Extensive helps in application of Scripture for the listener and reader
- Suggestive and explanatory comments on verses
- Theological outlines of passages
- Expository notes
- Sketches and relevant quotes
- Brief critical notes on chapters
Although originally purposed as a minister's preparation tool, the Preacher's Complete Homiletical Commentary is also a fine personal study supplement.
the Second Week of Advent